Little Orchards Preschool follows the guidelines recommended by Alberta Health Services for preschools, daycares and day-homes. Parents/guardians must observe health regulations set by Alberta Health Services.
- Screening tool must be filled out everyday upon entering the school.
- We will meet outside for pick up and drop off.
- Parents that need to come inside MUST wear a mask upon entry.
- We will wash hands/sanitize at the beginning and end of class, before snack and after playing outside.
- Children must bring their own snack to school.
- If treats are being sent for birthdays, it must be store bought (Nut Free) and individually wrapped. Please inform your teacher beforehand.
- Masks wearing are not mandatory for students at this age; however, we strongly recommend wearing a mask for the safety of the teacher and other children.
- If a child develops symptoms while at preschool, parents will be notified to come and pick up their child immediately.
- Extra cleaning between classes will be done.
Parents and children must NOT enter the preschool space if they or anyone in their family have the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Temperature equal to or over 38C
- Fatigue of weakness
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of smell or taste
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting)
- Feeling unwell
If your child develops any of the symptoms from AHS’s core symptoms list (cough, fever, loss and/or smell) or any two or more from the secondary list (clear runny nose, vomiting or diarrhea, sore throat) they must remain at home for 10 days or until symptoms are completely gone; whichever is longer.
You may choose to have your child tested. If your child receives a negative Covid-19 test result, he/she may return to school once all symptoms are completely gone.
If anyone else living in your home shows symptoms, your child MUST STAY AT HOME until the ill individual either has symptoms resolve, or receives a negative Covid-19 test result, as long as your child doesn’t develop symptoms.
If a child has only ONE symptom from the AHS secondary symptom list (clear runny nose, sore throat, vomiting or diarrhea), they must stay home for 24 hours to monitor symptoms. If the symptom does not worsen, the child may return to school once the symptom has gone.
If your child tests positive for Covid-19:
- You must follow the AHS requirements and must isolate for 14 days.
- Your entire household is legally obligated to self-isolate.
- If there is a positive case in the home, your child must not come to school and is encouraged to get a Covid-19 test before returning.
If anyone in my home is showing any Covid-19 symptoms, I will need to close. You will receive an email so please ensure to check your email each morning. If I need to cancel class due to a family member or myself being ill, families will receive a credit.
If your child missed classes due to illness or if teachers and students need to isolate due to a positive Covid-19 case; unfortunately, no refunds or credit will be given.